USPS Temporary Rate Increase for the 2021 Holiday Season
Starting October 3rd USPS is temporarily raising the price of its domestic shipping services for the 2021 holiday season. This temporary rate increase will remain in place from October 3rd until December 26th, 2021. You can read the official announcement from USPS here which explains that heightened peak-season demand results in extra handling costs. Unfortunately, there’s no way around this; USPS is raising rates everywhere you can buy postage. In other words, it’s not just us.
October 3rd–December 26th USPS temporary rate increases
The temporary price increase varies depending on the service you choose, the weight of your package, and which zone you’re shipping to. The increases are listed below.
First Class Package Service
- $0.30 increase for all Weights and Zones
Priority Mail Cubic
- $0.25 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 1-4
- $0.75 increase for all Cubic Tiers, Zones 5-9
Priority Mail Flat Rate and Priority Mail Express Flat Rate
- $0.75 increase for all Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes
Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Parcel Select Ground
- $0.25 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 1-4
- $0.75 increase for 1-10 lb, Zones 5-9
- $1.50 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 1-4
- $3.00 increase for 11-20 lb, Zones 5-9
- $2.50 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 1-4
- $5.00 increase for 21-70 lb, Zones 5-9
Priority Mail Regional Rate
- $0.25 increase to Regional Rate Box A and B, Zones 1-4
- $0.75 increase to Regional Rate Box A and B, Zones 5-9
Note: You shouldn’t be using Priority Mail Regional Rate if you want to save the most money on your shipments.
No other services are changing
No international services are increasing in price. Media Mail rates are also staying the same since USPS just increased Media Mail rates in August.